Monday, July 22, 2013

It’s a boy…Hope they name him Spencer after his grandmother Diana Spencer


 
By Sabrina Samone, TMP

As my girlfriends here would say, “I’m not your fan,” and no, I’m not a fan of the Royal Family. For one,  I don’t get  why, as Americans we’d care…didn’t we have a war over 200 and something years ago to get away from the monarchy? Why, we as a culture are so into them here, I’ll never understand. I’m sure our founding fathers are gasping in their graves every time there’s a news report on them. The one I did admire, Princess Diana, I have my ideas what happened and yes most think that it’s a conspiracy theory but I’m a believer in those theories, so I’ve had little respect for them since. I mean seriously, who goes for Carmela whatever, after marring Diana…talk about a down grade but…a baby is born and regardless how privileged the family is, off the backs and taxes of the people of the United Kingdom, it’s still a marvelous thing when a new child enters the world. The birth of a child reminds us all, even if you’re like me and barren as a desert, that there is always hope that is reborn with every child.
Yes, finally, Duchess Catherine has given birth to a baby boy, who wasn’t all that in a hurry to leave from within his mommy by the way. If that is a sign of his future personality, this will be one private Prince. This hesitant monarch becomes third in line for the British throne. The couple’s first child, and the first grandchild of the late great Princess Diana, was born at 4:24 PM, weighing eight lbs, six ounces. According to some news reports the favorite choices going around for his name is George and James. I’d wish the royal couple, especially William, who always reminded me of his mother would consider naming him Spencer, his late mother’s last name. Could you image how complete,respectful and what a tribute that would be to the memory of Diana? He could even have Charles as a middle name…Prince Spencer Charles etc etc, but it may be awhile before we know, according to US magazine, Prince William and Kate took 3 weeks to figure out a name for their cocker spaniel before deciding to name him Lupo, which mean “wolf” in Italian. Other Royal names have taken as long as well.

“Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in the hospital overnight,” said a statement from the Royal Household, which sidestepped tradition to announce the birth with a press release. Princess Diana would have loved the breaking of tradition, sounds like this little one is off to a brilliant start already. According to every newspaper there is, they also say that “The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news,” the press release says.

As the birth was announced, a loud cheer went up from the well-wishers and media gathered outside St. Mary’s Hospital in West London and every news outlet in America had something to report this evening, so I figured I might as well join in and wishing the little baby boy a happy welcome to his new world and much happiness and who I hope the family mysteriously sees this post (yea right) and consider naming him Spencer Charles but he’ll always be referred to me as Princess Diana’s grandson. I so hope he grows up and takes after his grandmother. So here’s to you little (hopefully Spencer Charles), welcome to the world and what a privileged world it is…enjoy every day.

 

















UPDATE JULY 24, 2013; The couple have decided on a name and didn't take my advice,lol. The new Prince will be named George Alexander Louie Windsor, but as I said, he's Princess Diana's grandson to me.
 

No comments: